Are you ready for a nature fix? This Black Friday, we are kicking off a yearlong challenge that you can enjoy on your own. Make your way to a nature preserve to get started in the Trek Our Trails challenge!
The objective of Trek Our Trails is to visit all five of our most popular nature preserves over the coming year (and inspire others by sharing that you did it).
The preserves are…
- Burnett Woods
- Fred and Dorothy Meyer Nature Preserve
- Laura Hare Preserve at Blossom Hollow*
- Meltzer Woods
- Nonie Werbe Krauss Nature Preserve
Here’s how to take part…
- Plan your visit by checking out the preserve pages linked above.
- Before or after your hike, take a photo of you and your companions at the preserve’s sign or trailhead.
- Email the photo to email@example.com (or post on Facebook or Instagram with hashtags #cilti #trekourtrails2021).
- Optional but suggested: Enable us to plant trees as a carbon offset for your travel miles. (See our carbon calculator.)
After you’ve visited these five sites, all trekkers in your party will receive CILTI pins. You’ll also be entered into a drawing for CILTI logo gear. We’ll run the challenge from Black Friday 2020 to Black Friday 2021.
Enjoy all that nature has to offer. We look forward to seeing your photos!
*Note that the Laura Hare Preserve at Blossom Hollow is closed for deer control now through December 4th.