- This event has passed.
Garlic Mustard Pull at Meltzer Woods Nature Preserve
April 21, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
About this Event
What to Expect and Bring
• Volunteers will remove by hand the plants and roots.
• Dress in long pants thick enough to stand up to thorns, brush, poison ivy, ticks, and mosquitos (unfortunately leggings aren’t very protective).
• Wear closed-toed shoes that can stand up to mud.
• Bring gardening or work gloves. If you don’t have gloves, we will provide some.
• Face mask/cover required.
• Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
• Dress for the weather as we will work rain or shine.
Meltzer Woods is located near Shelbyville and is a short 35 minute drive from Indianapolis. From Indianapolis, take I74 E to IN 244 E, then turn left onto S 600 East. Staff will meet you in the parking lot.
COVID Safety Note:
Safety is our first priority, and we continue to monitor pandemic conditions as we host events. If we need to alter or change our event schedule, we will notify all registrants directly and post updates to social media. In an effort to keep everyone as safe as possible, we are requiring masks and will make an effort to keep socially distanced on this outing. Thank you for your understanding as we navigate this together!
Find more information and RSVP through EventBrite.