Tree ID Hike at Oliver’s Woods
December 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Trees that shed their leaves have a beauty all their own. Join our White River Steward, Grace van Kan, in a hike through this riverine nature preserve to welcome the turning of the season. Situated along the White River, Oliver’s Woods Nature Preserve offers a nature immersion in the midst of a bustling commercial district.
Free of Charge – RSVP Required through Eventbrite
What to Expect and Bring
- Easy, 1.5 mile hike over a flat, loop trail.
- Feel free to bring your own binoculars or scope for potential bird viewing.
- Face mask/cover may be required.
- Dress in long pants thick enough to stand up to thorns, brush and the cold (unfortunately leggings aren’t very protective).
- Wear closed-toed shoes that can stand up to mud.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Dress for the weather.
- No bathroom is available at this site.
Reserve your spot!
Please RSVP through Eventbrite as space is limited.
Oliver’s Woods is located at 8825 River Road Indianapolis, Indiana. Please park in the parking lot adjacent to I-465 and meet staff on foot in front of the house.
COVID Safety Note:
Safety is our first priority, and we continue to monitor pandemic conditions as we host events. If we need to alter or change our event schedule, we will notify all registrants directly and post updates to social media. In an effort to keep everyone as safe as possible, we will make an effort to keep socially distanced on this outing. Thank you for your understanding as we navigate this together!