Garlic Mustard Pull at Meltzer Woods Nature Preserve
May 12 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
About this Event
What to Expect and Bring
• Volunteers will remove by hand the plants and roots.
• Dress in long pants thick enough to stand up to thorns, brush, poison ivy, ticks, and mosquitos (unfortunately leggings aren’t very protective).
• Wear closed-toed shoes that can stand up to mud.
• Bring gardening or work gloves. If you don’t have gloves, we will provide some.
• Face mask/cover required.
• Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
• Dress for the weather as we will work rain or shine.
Meltzer Woods is located near Shelbyville and is a short 35 minute drive from Indianapolis. From Indianapolis, take I74 E to IN 244 E, then turn left onto S 600 East. Staff will meet you in the parking lot.
Find more information and RSVP through EventBrite.