Please RSVP (so we know to expect you)
What to Expect and Bring
• Volunteers will remove the plants and roots by hand. Dress in long pants thick enough to stand up to thorns, brush, poison ivy, ticks, and mosquitos (unfortunately leggings aren’t very protective).
• Bring gardening or work gloves. If you don’t have gloves, we will provide some.
• Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
• Wear closed-toed shoes that can stand up to mud.
• Dress for the weather as we will work rain or shine.
The address is 8264 E County Road 100 S Avon, IN 46123. Parking is available at Light and Life Methodist Church, 8264 E. County Road 100 South, which is next door to the preserve. Park behind the church in the back row and walk in a southeastern direction across the grass toward the road. The trailhead is near the road, behind the preserve sign.
What else can I do?
After visiting an area that has invasive weeds present, clean up before you leave the site. Make sure your clothes, boots, vehicles, and pets are seed free. Use plants native to Central Indiana in your yard and garden.