- This event has passed.
Invasive Honeysuckle Removal at White River Bluffs
October 12, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us to remove invasive bush honeysuckle at White River Bluffs.
About this event
Go behind the scenes at a nature preserve that is not yet open to the public by volunteering for invasive removal. White River Bluffs features bluffs rising 85 feet above the river, where some of the oldest trees in Indianapolis display beautiful fall colors. Support the health of this forest by helping our stewardship team remove invasive bush honeysuckle.
Please RSVP so we know to expect you
What to Expect and Bring:
- Volunteers will plant by hand.
- Dress in long pants thick enough to stand up to thorns, brush, poison ivy, ticks, and mosquitos (unfortunately leggings aren’t very protective).
- Wear closed-toed shoes that can stand up to mud.
- Bring gardening or work gloves. If you don’t have gloves, we will provide some.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Dress for the weather as we will work rain or shine.
White River Bluffs Nature Preserve is located adjacent to Highland Golf and Country Club. Parking is by the tennis courts to the north of the club house. Our staff will meet you there. See attached map.