Celebrate Earth Day with a Spring Wildflower Hike at Burnett Woods
April 24 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
About this Event
Free of Charge – RSVP Required
What to Expect and Bring:
- Easy, 1.5 mile hike over a flat, loop trail.
- Face mask/cover required.
- Dress in long pants thick enough to stand up to thorns, brush, poison ivy, ticks, and mosquitos (unfortunately leggings aren’t very protective).
- Wear closed-toed shoes that can stand up to mud.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Please RSVP through Eventbrite.
Parking for Burnett Woods is available at Light and Life Methodist Church, 8264 E. County Road 100 South, which is next door to the preserve. Park behind the church in the back row and walk in a southeastern direction across the grass toward the road. The trailhead is near the road, behind the preserve sign.
COVID Safety Note:
Safety is our first priority, and we continue to monitor pandemic conditions as we host events. If we need to alter or change our event schedule, we will notify all registrants directly and post updates to social media. In an effort to keep everyone as safe as possible, we are requiring masks and will make an effort to keep socially distanced on this outing. Thank you for your understanding as we navigate this together!